Thursday, December 31, 2015

It's Year End -- Why Are You Here?

We are wrapping up the year 2015 today.  Even with a month's hiatus to focus on a work assignment, this site now has accumulated well over 300 pieces written, back to last September (2014).

The variety of topics has spanned politics, sports (baseball and football), the arts and entertainment, freedom and faith, our presence on the Internet and personal responsibility.  Well over 10,000 readings later (thank you!) and now over a thousand per month, our world continues to give me things to comment on.

Tonight, my Best Girl and I will celebrate the end of a not-so-wonderful year with some king crab legs and bubbly, maybe a movie (at home), and by 10pm we will be asleep.  If you're over 50, you'll know what I mean when I say that when Guy Lombardo died, he took New Year's Eve with him.  Sitting up until midnight to hear whiny pop tarts "sing" while seeing a million people in New York get drunk and cheer for ... I don't know what ... well, sleep seems a lot better.

Over the 300 columns, I have received a large number of comments from a host of readers, many privately by email, regarding the topic du jour and with so much to say.  I am blessed to have even one person read and actually be interested in what I might have to say, you know.

So today, let's turn it back to you.  The new year 2016 is about to start.  Please slide down to the Comments section and let me know why you're here.  What do you want to hear about in 2016 from this column, more of this, less of that.  What have you liked or disliked?

As Dr. Frasier Crane said, I'm listening.  And while listening, I do wish you a simply marvelous 2016.  May it end with the imminent inauguration of a president committed to freedom, to the defense of the American people over the defense of the rest of the world, to a balanced budget and a flatter income tax ... one who can readily communicate that to the American citizen plainly and persuasively.

And may it end with Hillary Clinton retreating to private life in Chappaqua, if she is not in prison by that time.

Copyright 2015 by Robert Sutton
Like what you read here?  There's a new post from Bob at www.uberthoughtsUSA.com at 10am Eastern time, every weekday, giving new meaning to "prolific essayist."  Sponsorship and interview inquiries cheerfully welcomed at bsutton@alum.mit.edu.

10 comments:

  1. Why I'm here ... I'm here because every day at lunch when I read I have no idea what will be in UberThoughtsUSA but it will be a take on it I had not thought of before. Usually hoping there will be something about Hillary and prison.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Different anonymous. Reading because you've had the oddest life I know if you actually did half the things you say you did and they're better reading than the newspaper, at least mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cause I always hated America's Got Talent and never knew why. Now I know 5 reasons.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you don't know, everyone is Anonymous because Blogger's commenting process stinks. Answer: I read because the stuff you recommend as solutions is what actually worked before, not politically correct BS some professor yacked up in his ivory tower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'll keep an ear to those professors in their towers, but will stay a safe distance when they're actually yacking BS, just to be safe. You know, dry cleaning can get expensive.

      Delete
  5. This column is all about hypocrisy. People on the left, they say this is ok if we do it but not if you do. Laws, whatever. We can speak but you can't. That kind of crap. I love the columns when you show that up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. To those who DON'T want to be Anonymous ... just select "Name/URL" in the drop-down and you can enter a name or screen name.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Would like more on tax reform. That's what needs to get pushed by candidates this year. I'll keep reading. Don't know how you write so much and still have a job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can you tell us what you will write the day Hillary actually does go to prison? I don't really want to wait for that column.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bob,

    First, thanks for all the columns. I missed my lunchtime read during the hiatus.

    I love the political columns, and we see eye-to-eye. But some more humor now and then wouldn't be amiss. The one this week reminded my of Jean Shepherd. And that is, from my standpoint, high praise.

    ReplyDelete