Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Deep Breath and Hiatus

Just a note to the hundreds of loyal readers of this site ...

I'm very proud to have faithfully provided essays for this column every weekday for over a year.  Some readers have asked "How?" and I always reply that the world gives us much to talk about.  Certainly it has given many topics -- tonight was the Democratic candidates debate; there's a week worth of pieces just from that.

What the world cannot always give me is time.  And so, regretfully, I will be going on a hiatus for at least a few weeks.  I've been given a consulting assignment -- my "real" job -- that requires some very long hours for the next month.  Accordingly, I have to set aside my minimal free time to be supportive to my two sons, and particularly to be a good husband to my wife, who as you know just lost the mother she had cared for 24/7 the past two years.

I do encourage you, particularly those who only lately discovered this site, to find a little time, pour a cold Corona or a Breaux Vineyards chardonnay (try the Madeleine's) and go all the way back to last September and read forward.  Comment along the way if the spirit moves you.  Enjoy.

I expect to be back at the conclusion of this assignment, but for the time being it feels right to devote a much-reduced amount of free time to family.  Please check back to see when we can get this revved back up again.  The world will surely oblige with topics.

God bless.  I'll be back.

Copyright 2015 by Robert Sutton
 Like what you read here?  There's a new post from Bob at www.uberthoughtsUSA.com at 10am Eastern time, every weekday, giving new meaning to "prolific essayist."  Sponsorship and interview inquiries cheerfully welcomed at bsutton@alum.mit.edu or on Twitter at @rmosutton.

No comments:

Post a Comment