Monday, May 28, 2018

Memorial Day 2018

I'm pausing here to pay respects on this Memorial Day.  I've no idea how many brave soldiers, sailors, airmen, marines and others have given their lives in the service of this country.  But I am thinking of every single one of you as I write this, who died to give me the right to type these shallow words.

There will be no partying today, no grilling, no barbecue; the ungodly weather would have shelved those plans even had there actually been plans.  That may not be a bad thing, as I know for myself I have more private time to remember those who made the supreme sacrifice.

Thank you.  Thank you for all you have given us in the USA.  Thank you for giving us a USA.

Copyright 2018 by Robert Sutton
Like what you read here?  There's a new post from Bob at www.uberthoughtsUSA.com at 10am Eastern time, every weekday, giving new meaning to "prolific essayist."  Appearance, advertising, sponsorship and interview inquiries cheerfully welcomed at bsutton@alum.mit.edu or on Twitter at @rmosutton

1 comment: