Monday, July 9, 2018

My Russians Are Back! We Missed You

I want to start the week by welcoming back my Russian readers, who were gone for a few week.  Last week, about 55% of the reads on this site were from Russian IP addresses, which was fascinating since there had not been a peep out of the Russians since June.

Your guess is as good as mine, friends.

The logical reason would be that I had written something that was of great value to them, or which they thought might have offered an intriguing insight into something or other that they had interest in.  But that seems not to be the case.

If that were the case, I would see that a particular essay or article had a lot more reads, and I could make the logical assumption.  But they appear to be reading a piece at a time.

Last week, they were focused on articles from 2015, reading one after the other.  The articles they were reading had no contiguity other than chronological, sequential relationships.  I mean, I appreciate their interest and all, but have they just discovered that there's some good stuff here?  Do they want to see how a particular writer who writes every day would be commenting on that era?

I hope they'll tell me.  In fact, I'd like to take a moment and ask them to contact me and let me know what it is that they find so interesting in this site.  Do they like the article about the leftist political science major on a date with a nerdy financial analyst?  That's my favorite.  How about the stuff from the 2016 campaign, as I came to appreciate -- eventually -- the kind of president Donald Trump would eventually be?

Whatever the case, I would love to hear from them.  After all, as I just happened to have quoted Michael Jordan when he backed out of political endorsement by saying "Republicans buy sneakers, too", Russian readers are indeed readers, and readers deliver advertising.

So if you're sitting there in Dnepopetrovsk and love the column, let me know.  Cпасибо!

Copyright 2018 by Robert Sutton
Like what you read here?  There's a new post from Bob at www.uberthoughtsUSA.com at 10am Eastern time, every weekday, giving new meaning to "prolific essayist."  Appearance, advertising, sponsorship and interview inquiries cheerfully welcomed at bsutton@alum.mit.edu or on Twitter at @rmosutton

2 comments:

  1. I'd like to hear what they think about the "Russian" investigation and our politics in general.

    ReplyDelete